Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Long Time, No Write


The last time I wrote was almost two months ago. I am so incredibly sorry for the long awaited blog posts, but it seems like as the time goes on, it just gets that much harder to find the inspiration to write. These past two months have been filled with amazing adventures and I can't even begin to explain how great things are in Valladolid.

Things are hard, but things are easy. Three months left on exchange, and I can't even begin to wrap my mind around the fact that soon I will be boarding the plane to come home. Three months is far off, but at the same time three months is absolutely nothing. I remember counting down the days before I left for Spain, I remember when there were five months left. Now look at me, three months away from returning to the city where I was born and raised, to finish up my senior year. Leaving behind all of my new friends, my family, and most importantly my country.

I will try and post some update posts from my trips to Segovia, and Galicia (Camino de Santiago) over the next few weeks. I will try, but I won't make any promises. At the beginning of my trip, I honestly thought the most important thing was that I needed to document every detail, I needed to keep everyone updated. But in reality, I need to live. I need to live every moment, and not let one second go. Because the minutes are limited here in Spain, and I need to take advantage of every single one.

These past two months I have been learning how to do that, I have been learning to take advantage. To take advantage is to not let go of an opportunity. One of my favorite spanish words is "Aprovechar". "Aprovechar" is "to take advantage of". I end up using this word a lot, because it is so relevant to my life. It has become relevant to my life, but I have realized that whether in Spain or not, it should have always be a commonly used word.

Now why has it taken me so long to start writing again? For the exact reason why people don't have blogs. People write when they have something to say. When they have news to tell. No one thinks that people want to hear about daily life. And life here has become daily. Life here is unbelievable, but it is normal. I wake up, I go to school, I hang out with my family, I go out with friends, I go to sleep. Life is life. And I guess I have become adapted to life and culture, and I don't find myself in as many awkward situations, funny stories, or even as confused about the culture or language. I find myself living just like I lived ten months ago in America, only new and improved.

I hope you all understand that life is great, and Mom please remember that no news, is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment